In this episode of the Regional Roar Podcast, co-hosts Cath Fowler and Melissa Dickfos chat about how businesses can best communicate with their customers right now.
We’ve both been writing a lot of copy for clients who need assistance conveying their message during the coronavirus pandemic. When the virus became a feature of our daily lives back in March, what we’ve been asked most frequently is how businesses can best do marketing right now.
In this episode we cover:
- What people are looking to see from brands right now is a signal of humanity.
- Seth Godin, a best selling author and entrepreneur, said it best “People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories and magic.’’
- When you share content right now, you’re sending the message within the context of the Coronavirus outbreak, so you need to read the room.
- The best marketers know you need to have a deep understanding of your audience and your company’s positioning
- Ensure your information people find online is up-to-date in terms of opening hours, changes in how you operate etc
- If your business isn’t selling on your website now is the perfect time to start as people are looking for ease and convenience
- Don’t stop marketing
- Keep the lines of communication open with your staff
Links mentioned in the show: