In this episode of the Regional Roar Podcast, co-founders Melissa Dickfos and Cath Fowler were excited to chat with Jenn Donovan, creator of the Buy from a bush business Facebook group, which has over 200,000 Australian members.
Like us, Jenn is a marketing nerd, small business lover and also hosts her own small business podcast. Following on from our last episode where we chatted about supporting regional and rural Australia after the recent bushfires and ongoing drought, we found Jenn’s group and wanted to have her on to share how her group is helping businesses all over Australia.
In this episode we cover:
- How the idea for the Buy from a bush group came about
- The challenges Jenn faced running a group of 200,000 members
- Putting the focus on small businesses and having a positive impact
- Some of the stories around how the group has impacted local regional and rural businesses
- Some tips about how you can support local businesses
- What Jenn loves about living in rural Australia
- Jenn’s top tip before you start a business in regional Australia
Links mentioned in the show